« Home | It's all but done! » | So, I was sitting there » | Look who it is....Scuba Steve! » | Here is my handy work....and many splinters! » | Those would be the stairs.... » | Tangles and tangles of shambles and more! » | I see ShiNy things.... » | The new BOX! » | well, well .... well » | ummmm .... ok » 

Monday, August 09, 2004 

Back at the grind today...

I sit here wondering what the fuck and I doing? I go to this job day in and day out, sitting on my ass listening to people bitch about their computers and how our software is smarter than they are....It's quite comical because these people are everyday people that take care of your money and mine. You heard it right...these people are bankers.... Our software is not directly aimed at bankers, its just that a lot of banks use our software because they have to store reports for up to 10 years. This could be anything from statements to check images. Our software goes in and archives these reports and puts them out there so they can retrieve them in case they need to. Its really strong and good software, but the users of it are fucking morons. I had this call today where some guy who has been using our product forgot his fucking password...now, call me an ass, but if you have been using this password for the past 9 nears and suddenly you forget and have to make a call into the tech line to find your password (mind you, we dont even store their passwords here, so how the fuck would I know)....you are a fucking idiot.

I deal with people like this everyday and its getting really old. Somedays I just sit here and fuck around on the computer. I try to find other things to do that keep me offline, because everything I do on the internet or email is tracked...so, I come up with shit to do. Like this post...I am writing it in a text editor offline and will take it home on a floppy disc to post...fucked up? Yes, it is!
So my day is really shitty today. I am bored out of my mind, with nothing to do and nothing to say.

I did have a good weekend though. Bruce has been out on hiatus in Wisconsin visiting a friend of ours. I worked on the house all weekend and finished up quite a few things around there. I watched a shitload of TBS this weekend. I think they played Tomb Raider and Romeo Must Die like 80 times...followed by an injected Deep Blue Sea. I do like Deep Blue Sea even though sometimes its kinda cheesy. The sharks kick some serious ass in that flick and I like the fact that they used Tiger Sharks instead of your normal Great White. I think the most comical part of the whole movie is when the sharks swim backwards...this is technically and physically impossible for a shark to do....cracks my ass up.

Another random thought for today occured when I was leaving Mike and Syds house after feeding their dog Bear. I was leaving their house and came to the intersection of Walnut Lawn and Kansas Expressway. I got the to the light and suddenly I was sitting there and glanced over to my left. Here crossing the road was a family of ducks. The babies were a little bigger than normal, hell maybe it was just a pack of ravenous quackers on a rampage. I have no clue....but the funny part of it is...the light turned green in the left turn lane and there were about 5 cars in the lane....they all waited patiently for the ducks to cross...then our lane turned green...and the ducks were crossing our lane....(which had about 15 cars waiting in it)...no one person honked or threw a fit...they all waited for the ducks to cross...then we drove on. It was quite a moment and I wish I had a camera to capture it. Here you have people that are furious and crazily driving to get to work by 8....and it all just stopped...for something so simple....it made me feel good. I instantly thought about how simple life is and how a lot of times we dont take the time to stop and let things happen. Keeping our "ducks in a row" means that things will line up the way they should, but you have to have patience in order for them to cross the road. Amazing, simply amazing...and yet, very inspiring.

til next time

cam

that's a great thought, dude.. thanks for sharing.

I thought it was nice...the ducks just made me stop and think ... i rarely take the time to see things like that, normally, i would have ran over them or honked...but today was different

I like it when you write things like this. It's a way to get insight to you that a lot of people dont have. I know that you know that deadlines and tech support and check images aren't really what's important. For me, thats one of the reasons you're my best friend.

Post a Comment