« Home | a little joke ... a vulgar one... » | hey hey hey (fat albert voice) » | » | » | I will be seeing this soon.... » | » | yeah so, » | Back at the grind today... » | It's all but done! » | So, I was sitting there » 

Monday, August 16, 2004 

a little music news...

Seems some of my favorite bands have been up to their ears in new releases....here are just a few to mention...


Depeche Mode has been up to some great new works ... the first of which is a 2 disc remix album to be released on October 25th in the US.

"Remixes 81-04" is a 2-disc set spanning over 20 years of Depeche Mode's pioneering remixes. Almost a greatest hits collection, the album is a compendium of Depeche Mode classics remixed by some of the best remixers in the world, including Underworld, Goldfrapp, Air, Kruder and Dorfmeister, Timo Maas, Flood and of course Depeche Mode themselves. It is also released as a limited edition triple disc set, featuring a bonus disc of highly collectable and rare remixes. At once a celebration but also an historical record of the evolution of the remix, the album is a fascinating and deeply rewarding document of an emerging art form.


To read more about this venture...click here Remixes 81-04

They also have been putting together a new DVD titled "Devotional". It is said to be release on September 21 in the US....(B will like that!).

To find out more and watch preview clips, click here Devotional

B will even be glad to know that he can even change his AOL buddy icon to ol Dave Gahan doing the "I Feel You" clap - check it out here B ICONS


RAMMSTEIN has been hard at it in the studio working on their latest album. It will be arriving in stores soon. Read more about it here RAMMSTEIN FUCKIN ROCKS!


Marilyn Manson has also been working on another album. Only this time, its a greatest hits cd with one new track...a cover of one of my fav tunes ... Personal Jesus (originally by Depeche Mode). It will be arriving in stores September 28th. Wanna know more...click my EGO


Finally, another band fresh off the downlow, is m a K o. Their album comes out at the end of October...Not too many of you know about them, but they have some great stuff. Last I heard the album was in final editing stages and key production has already taken place...They are truly one of my favorite new bands of today...I was lucky enough to hear some of their stuff off of Itunes and had a chance to download some of it. Very...Very good shit! They have a sound that is refreshing for this day and age...kinda pseudo NIN meets Enigma...

To find out more about them go swim with the sharks...

That is about it for all my music news for today...actually, for awhile...I will keep ya posted on anything else that I hear...oh and if you guys know of some kewl shit that I might dig about some of my favorite bands, send it on...

de-viate

cam

I got the handclap icon, and it rocks!

Post a Comment