« Home | Inspiration » | Word to the 3rd..... » | Migraine » | My brain... » | well » | Some insight.......to someone leaving. » | It's been awhile.... » | Something has happened. » | This weekend... » | WiFi » 

Monday, March 21, 2005 

Insomnia

is the worst disease anyone can have. I have it. It fucking sucks. For years, I was able to sleep well at night...and now nothing. I am lucky to get 2 hours of sleep a night until one night/day a month my body shuts down and I sleep for 14-15 hours straight. This is IF I am lucky....really lucky...

For all of you who dont know what its like to have insomnia, let me tell about it. Imagine a long day at work, you go home and have dinner and then polish things up around the house. The normal bedtime rolls around lets say by 11.30pm. If I lay in bed, I lay there staring at the ceiling looking around and thinking about the day. I try to close my eyes and nothing happens as I start to hear things. Strange things around me. The slightest sound will cause your eyes to flash open. It's now 2.18 am.

Its like you are sleeping but you are awake. At least that is what your body thinks....have you ever seen digital cable and everyonce in awhile little squares shuffle across the screen? Its now 3.22 am.

A series of grids and digital images rattle across my vision. My eyes feel like they are on fire all the time, with their dry chapped feeling. Another hour has passed - now its 4.30 am. I have to be up in 3 hours.

Suddenly, I awake and its 5.33 - another passed and things around me seem like their spinning. I have to be up in less then 2 hours and daylight is now popping into my window....the dream you just had seems like you were really there, except you cannot remember it in 4 minutes. Toss and turn, put a pillow on your head.....It's 6.15 am. The room is bright, and a sudden kick of where you are awakens you even closer to being coherent....but your not.

Alarm goes off .... 7.00 am. Time for work.

Time for another day to begin, time to fade in and out all throughout the day and be unaware of anything you thought of the day before; the decisions you made and the things you said to others seem like they were 8 days ago and nothing seems possible.

Welcome to insomnia. The eye burning mind trick that makes our lives shorter.....

You should consider Sominex or Whiskey before bed.

Post a Comment